Diet Recommendation Model Using Multi Constraint Metaheuristic and Knapsack Optimization Algorithm.
Various nutrients are necessary for humans to remain healthy and active. Maintaining a high quality of life now depends on keeping track of everyday eating habits to prevent consuming too many calories and incorrect nutrients. Computerized applications can help Indian elderly people maintain and improve their overall health by providing pertinent information such as calories and nutritional details and following a strict diet plan suited to their ailments. In order to create optimized diet plans that take disease prevalence, food availability, and user preferences into account, the paper offers the Multi Constraint Metaheuristic integrated with the Knapsack approach. The solution's quality is attained by applying a dynamic, personalized set of food items. The average error percentage obtained by the suggested algorithm is 4.15.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- ASN. 2020. asn.org.
- Betanica and Chavez-Bosquez, O. 2018. Bacterial foraging optimization algorithm for menu planning. IEEE Open Access.
- Buisson and Jean-Christophe. 2008. Nutri-educ, a nutrition software application forbalancing meals, using fuzzy arithmetic and heuristic search algorithms. Artificial Intelligence in Medicine, pp.213–227. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.artmed.2007.12.001
- C.Gopalan and Ramashastri, B. 1998. Nutritive values of indian foods. National institute of Nutrition,Hyderabad.
- Chifu and R.Bonta. 2017. Particle swarm optimization based method for personalized menu recommendations. In International Conference on Advancements of Medicine and Health Care through Technology. Springer International Publishing AG 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-52875-5_50
- Hablani, R., Patil, S., and Kirange., D. 2022. Improved salp swarm optimization-based fuzzy centroid region growing for liver tumor segmentation and deep learning oriented classification. International Journal of Next-Generation Computing.
- Juuso and Petri. 2016. Development of a genetic algorithms optimization algorithm for a nutritional guidance application. EUROSIM 2016 SIMS 2016.
- L., G. and V., G. 2020. Optimization methods and its application in nutritional diet. Test Engineering and Management, pp.13915–13919.
- Lazaro, J. P. and Fides, A. ´ 2010. Ambient assisted nutritional advisor for elderly people living at home. IEEE. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/IEMBS.2010.5627945
- Pop, C. B. and Chifu, V. R. 2013. Particle swarm optimization-based method for generating healthy lifestyle recommendations. International Journal of Electronics Engineering, pp.15–20. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ICCP.2013.6646074
- Shridhar, S., Lakhanpuria, M., Charak, A., Gupta, A. and Shridhar, S., 2012, November. SNAIR: a framework for personalised recommendations based on social network analysis. In Proceedings of the 5th ACM SIGSPATIAL International Workshop on Location-Based Social Networks (pp. 55-61).
- Porras, E. M. and Fajardo, A. C. 2019. Solving dietary planning problem using particle swarm optimization with genetic operators. ACM. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/3310986.3311005
- Xu, X., Rong, H., Trovati, M., and Liptrott., M. 2018. Cs-pso: chaotic particle swarm optimization algorithm for solving combinatorial optimization problems. Open Acess springer .
- Youbu, L. 2009. Combined quantum particle swarm optimization algorithm for multi-objective nutritional diet decision making. 279–282.