There are lots of factors that support the economic development of the country. Agriculture plays a very crucial role in the process of economic development of any country. In this scenario, farmers are principle person which contributes to National Income as well as they are the important source of food supply to the entire nation, irrespective of the developed, undeveloped, or developing nation. Farmers face various problems related to insufficient capital amount, soil erosion, seeds, lack of automation, and irrigation of soil. In this paper, we propose a novel concept of an automatic irrigation system called AGRIDUINO, which will target to solve the problem of lack of automation and irrigation of soil. In the traditional method, farmers have to do manual irrigation of multiple agriculture fields, situated in various geographical areas. In this case, there is a chance of giving excess or less water to plants. A huge amount of water is also wasted. Our Proposed system AGRIDUINO efficiently handles this scenario. The Proposed System efficiently detects water content of the soil (soil moisture), weather, temperature, and forecasting of rain, and based on these parameters our Decision Tree algorithm will predict, whether to make water motor ON or OFF for watering the plants. We present propitious results by applying our proposed technique.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Agrawal, N. and Singhal, S. 2015. Smart drip irrigation system using raspberry pi and arduino. In International Conference on Computing, Communication & Automation. IEEE, 928–932.
- Avs¸ar, E., Bulus¸, K., Saridas¸, M. A., and Kapur, B. 2018. Development of a cloudbased automatic irrigation system: A case study on strawberry cultivation. In 2018 7th International Conference on Modern Circuits and Systems Technologies (MOCAST). IEEE, 1–4.
- Devika, C., Bose, K., and Vijayalekshmy, S. 2017. Automatic plant irrigation system using arduino. In 2017 IEEE International Conference on Circuits and Systems (ICCS). IEEE, 384–387.
- Goap, A., Sharma, D., Shukla, A. K., and Krishna, C. R. 2018. An iot based smart irrigation management system using machine learning and open source technologies. Computers and electronics in agriculture 155, 41–49.
- Gupta, A., Krishna, V., Gupta, S., and Aggarwal, J. 2016. Android based solar powered automatic irrigation system. Indian Journal of Science and Technology 9, 47, 0974–6846.
- Guti´errez, J., Villa-Medina, J. F., Nieto-Garibay, A., and Porta-G´andara, M. ´A.2013. Automated irrigation system using a wireless sensor network and gprs module. IEEE transactions on instrumentation and measurement 63, 1, 166–176.
- Imteaj, A., Rahman, T., Hossain, M. K., and Zaman, S. 2016. Iot based autonomous percipient irrigation system using raspberry pi. In 2016 19th International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT). IEEE, 563–568.
- Jeaunita, T. et al. 2019. Fault tolerant sensor node placement for iot based large scale automated greenhouse system. International Journal of Computing and Digital Systems 8, 02, 189–197.
- Nallani, S. and Hency, V. B. 2015. Low power cost effective automatic irrigation system. Indian Journal of Science and Technology 8, 23, 1.
- Nawandar, N. K. and Satpute, V. R. 2019. Iot based low cost and intelligent module for smart irrigation system. Computers and electronics in agriculture 162, 979–990.
- Raut, R., Varma, H., Mulla, C., and Pawar, V. R. 2018. Soil monitoring, fertigation, and irrigation system using iot for agricultural application. In Intelligent communication and computational technologies. Springer, 67–73.
- Taneja, K. and Bhatia, S. 2017. Automatic irrigation system using arduino uno. In 2017 International Conference on Intelligent Computing and Control Systems (ICICCS). IEEE, 32–135.