A Leaf Infection Detection Using Fuzzy Support Vector Machine
Agriculture plays a very essential role in the food industry and a big economic source of clothing. Identication of
infection at a very initial stage can prevent a massive loss of yield and productivity. The infection can be recognized
with signs of colors on the leaf, stems. Leaves exhibit symptoms by changing color, showing spots on it. This
could also be done by manually inspecting each leaf but it can be time-consuming and prove to be expensive. This
paper aims to distinguish the infected part of the leaf. Identication of infection on leaf with modern automatic
techniques can be protable and resource-saving. We processed image which plays the important role used for
automatic detection and classication. We have used approximately 19000 images samples of bell paper, potato,
tomato to train our model. We proposed a model in which we are using k-mean, SVM, FSVM classier. We found
that FSVM performs better than other classier. We achieved 80.33
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Pantazi XE, Moshou D, Tamouridou AA. Automated leaf disease detection in different crop species through image features analysis and One Class Classifiers. Comput Electron Agric 2019;156:96–104. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compag.2018.11.005.
- Singh V, Misra AK. Detection of plant leaf diseases using image segmentation and soft computing techniques. Inf Process Agric 2017;4:41–9. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.inpa.2016.10.005.
- Sharma P, Berwal YPS, Ghai W. Performance analysis of deep learning CNN models for disease detection in plants using image segmentation. Inf Process Agric 2019:1–9. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.inpa.2019.11.001.
- Darwish A, Ezzat D, Hassanien AE. An optimized model based on convolutional neural networks and orthogonal learning particle swarm optimization algorithm for plant diseases diagnosis. Swarm Evol Comput 2020;52:100616. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.swevo.2019.100616.
- Kumar S, Sharma B, Sharma VK, Sharma H, Bansal JC. Plant leaf disease identification using exponential spider monkey optimization. Sustain Comput Informatics Syst 2018. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.suscom.2018.10.004.
- Lee SH, Goëau H, Bonnet P, Joly A. New perspectives on plant disease characterization based on deep learning. Comput Electron Agric 2020;170:105220. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compag.2020.105220.
- Zhang J, Huang Y, Pu R, Gonzalez-Moreno P, Yuan L, Wu K, et al. Monitoring plant diseases and pests through remote sensing technology: A review. Comput Electron Agric 2019;165:104943. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compag.2019.104943.
- Nazki H, Yoon S, Fuentes A, Park DS. Unsupervised image translation using adversarial networks for improved plant disease recognition. Comput Electron Agric 2020;168:105117. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compag.2019.105117.
- KC K, Yin Z, Wu M, Wu Z. Depthwise separable convolution architectures for plant disease classification. Comput Electron Agric 2019;165:104948. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compag.2019.104948.
- Picon A, Seitz M, Alvarez-Gila A, Mohnke P, Ortiz-Barredo A, Echazarra J. Crop conditional Convolutional Neural Networks for massive multi-crop plant disease classification over cell phone acquired images taken on real field conditions. Comput Electron Agric 2019;167:105093. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compag.2019.105093.
- Khattab A, Habib SED, Ismail H, Zayan S, Fahmy Y, Khairy MM. An IoT-based cognitive monitoring system for early plant disease forecast. Comput Electron Agric 2019;166:105028. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compag.2019.105028.
- Ferentinos KP. Deep learning models for plant disease detection and diagnosis. Comput Electron Agric 2018;145:311–8. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compag.2018.01.009.
- Too EC, Yujian L, Njuki S, Yingchun L. A comparative study of fine-tuning deep learning models for plant disease identification. Comput Electron Agric 2019;161:272–9. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compag.2018.03.032.
- Arnal Barbedo JG. Plant disease identification from individual lesions and spots using deep learning. 2019;180:96–107. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biosystemseng.2019.02.002.
- Barbedo JGA. Impact of dataset size and variety on the effectiveness of deep learning and transfer learning for plant disease classification. Comput Electron Agric 2018;153:46–53. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compag.2018.08.013.
- Geetharamani G, J. AP. Identification of plant leaf diseases using a nine-layer deep convolutional neural network. Comput Electr Eng 2019;76:323–38. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compeleceng.2019.04.011.
- Zhang S, Wang H, Huang W, You Z. Plant diseased leaf segmentation and recognition by fusion of superpixel, K-means and PHOG. Optik (Stuttg) 2018;157:866–72. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijleo.2017.11.190.
- Barbedo JGA. Factors influencing the use of deep learning for plant disease recognition. Biosyst Eng 2018;172:84–91. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biosystemseng.2018.05.013.
- Yeh YHF, Chung WC, Liao JY, Chung CL, Kuo YF, Lin T Te. A comparison of machine learning methods on Hyperspectral plant disease assessments. vol. 1. IFAC; 2013. https://doi.org/10.3182/20130327-3-jp-3017.00081.
- Wang H, Shi Y, Zhou X, Zhou Q, Shao S, Bouguettaya A. Web service classification using support vector machine. Proc - Int Conf Tools with Artif Intell ICTAI 2010;1:3–6. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICTAI.2010.9.
- Prakash N, Singh Y. Fuzzy Support Vector Machines for Face Recognition: A Review. 2015;131:24–6. https://doi.org/10.5120/ijca2015907224.