A survey suggests that the Flight and Cab fares vary according to various factors like location, time of the day, etc. The airline companies put into effect dynamic pricing for the flight tickets. Also, it changes with the festival, holiday season and weekends. So, what’s an excellent time to buy a flight ticket? The same can be seen with cabs as well, where the fare depends upon the number of passengers, traffic, etc. The seller has information about all of the factors, but the buyers are able to access the information that is limited through which we cannot predict the tariffs. Considering the characteristics like time of departure, the number of days left for departure and time of the day, it’ll give the prime time to purchase the ticket. Likewise, the cab companies like Uber and Ola use factors like traffic in a particular location, demand and supply factors, for example when the demand for cabs is high there is a hike in prices but when the demand for cabs is not high the prices are calculated normally according to their algorithm. Availability of drivers and type of car to travel in are also crucial factors in determining the cab fares. The motive of the paper is to analyse the factors that influence the deviation within the tariffs and the way they’re associated with the change within the prices. The impetus for the research paper is to inspect the elements which have an impact on the deviations in the tariffs and how they could be related to the variation within the prices. Using this data, build an algorithm that can assist buyers to buy a ticket at an optimal time when they get the maximum benefits and minimum fares.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- W. Groves & M. Gini, —An agent for optimizing airline ticket purchasing,12th International
- Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS 2013), St. Paul, MN, May
- - 10, 2013, pp. 1341-1342
- T. Janssen, -A linear quantile mixed regression model for prediction of airline ticket prices,‖
- Bachelor Thesis, Radboud University, 2014
- Wohlfarth, T. Clemencon, S.Roueff,-A Data mining approach to travel price forecasting,
- th international conference on machine learning Honolulu 2011.
- Dominguez-Menchero, J.Santo, Riviera, ‖optimal purchase timing in airline markets‖,2014
- L. Breiman, —Random forests,‖ Machine Learning, vol. 45, pp. 5- 32, 2001.
- Data science- Public datasets, [Online] Available: https://www.kaggle.com
- Sebastian Raschka, Model Evaluation, Model Selection, and Algorithm Selection in Machine
- Learning, [Online] Available https://arxiv.org/abs/1811.12808,2016
- Weijie Wang & Yanmin Lu, Analysis of the Mean Absolute Error (MAE) and the Root
- Mean Square Error (RMSE) in Assessing Rounding Model, ICMEMSCE, IOP Publishing, 324
- (2018), doi:10.1088/1757-899X/324/1/0120
- Vanajakshi, L., S. C. Subramanian, and R. Sivanandan. ”Travel time prediction under
- heterogeneous traffic conditions using global positioning system data from buses.” IET intelligent
- transport systems 3.1 (2009): 1-9.
- Biagioni, James, et al. ”Easytracker: automatic transit tracking, mapping, and arrival
- time prediction using smartphones.” Proceedings of the 9th ACM Conference on Embedded
- Networked Sensor Systems. ACM, 2011.
- Yildirimoglu, Mehmet, and Nikolas Geroliminis. ”Experienced travel time prediction for
- congested freeways.” Transportation Research Part B: Methodological 53 (2013): 45-63.
- Wu, Chun-Hsin, Jan-Ming Ho, and Der-Tsai Lee. ”Travel-time prediction with support
- vector regression.” IEEE transactions on intelligent transportation systems 5.4 (2004): 276-281.
- Van Lint, J. W. C., S. P. Hoogendoorn, and Henk J. van Zuylen. ”Accurate freeway travel
- time prediction with state-space neural networks under missing data.” Transportation Research
- Part C: Emerging Technologies 13.5 (2005): 347-369.
- Kelareva, Elena. ”Predicting the Future with Google Maps APIs.” Web blog post. Geo
- Accessed 15 Dec. 2016.
- Uber Revenue And Usage Statistics: https://www.businessofapps.com/data/uber-statistics/
- Logistics: https://www.statista.com/statistics/588028/passengers-boarded-by-type-by-indianair-carriers/ Python Libraries:https://towardsdatascience.com/top-10-python-libraries-for-datascience-cd82294ec266
- Introduction to Machine Learning with Python: A Guide for Data Scientists: Book by
- Andreas C. M¨uller and Sarah Guido
- Zhao, Z., You, J., Gan, G. et al. Civil airline fare prediction with a multi-attribute dual-stage attention mechanism. Appl Intell (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10489-021-02602-0
- Upadhyay, Rishabh, and Lui, Simon. (2017). Taxi Fare Rate Classification Using Deep