Medical image encryption could aid in preserving patient privacy. In this article, we provide a chaotic system-based medical picture encryption method. The diffusion and permutation architecture was used. The permutation based on plain image and chaotic keys is offered to shuffle the plain picture's pixels to other rows and columns, successfully weakening the strong connections between neighboring pixels. Diffusion is suggested to spread small changes of plain images to all of the pixels in cipher images to enhance the encryption effect. We analyze the chaotic behavior of the proposed system using various techniques and tests such as bifurcation plots, Lyapunov exponents, MSE, PSNR tests, and histogram analysis.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Abd El-Latif, A. A., Abd-El-Atty, B., & Talha, M. (2017). Robust Encryption of Quantum Medical Images. IEEE Access, 6, 1073–1081. https://doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2017.2777869 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2017.2777869
- Deshmukh, P. (2016). An image encryption and decryption using AES algorithm. http://www.ijser.org
- Ding, Y., Wu, G., Chen, D., Zhang, N., Gong, L., Cao, M., & Qin, Z. (2021). DeepEDN: A Deep-Learning-Based Image Encryption and Decryption Network for Internet of Medical Things. IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 8(3), 1504–1518. https://doi.org/10.1109/JIOT.2020.3012452 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/JIOT.2020.3012452
- Hasan, M. K., Islam, S., Sulaiman, R., Khan, S., Hashim, A. H. A., Habib, S., Islam, M., Alyahya, S., Ahmed, M. M., Kamil, S., & Hassan, M. A. (2021). Lightweight Encryption Technique to Enhance Medical Im-age Security on Internet of Medical Things Applications. IEEE Access, 9, 47731–47742. https://doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2021.3061710 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2021.3061710
- Kamal, S. T., Hosny, K. M., Elgindy, T. M., Darwish, M. M., & Fouda, M. M. (2021). A new image encryption algorithm for grey and color medical images. IEEE Access, 9, 37855–37865. https://doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2021.3063237 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2021.3063237
- Lin, C. H., Wu, J. X., Chen, P. Y., Lai, H. Y., Li, C. M., Kuo, C. L., & Pai, N. S. (2021). Intelligent Symmetric Cryptography with Chaotic Map and Quantum Based Key Generator for Medical Images Infosecurity. IEEE Access, 9, 118624–118639. https://doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2021.3107608 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2021.3107608
- Ravichandran, D., Praveenkumar, P., Rayappan, J. B. B., & Amirtharajan, R. (2017). DNA Chaos Blend to Se-cure Medical Privacy. IEEE Transactions on Nanobioscience, 16(8), 850–858. https://doi.org/10.1109/TNB.2017.2780881 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/TNB.2017.2780881
- Shankar, K., Elhoseny, M., Chelvi, E. D., Lakshmanaprabu, S. K., & Wu, W. (2018). An efficient optimal key based chaos function for medical image security. IEEE Access, 6, 77145–77154. https://doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2018.2874026 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2018.2874026
- Vaseghi, B., Mobayen, S., Hashemi, S. S., & Fekih, A. (2021). Fast Reaching Finite Time synchronization Ap-proach for Chaotic Systems with Application in Medical Image Encryption. IEEE Access, 9, 25911–25925. https://doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2021.3056037 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ACCESS.2021.3056037