This study presents a non-orthogonal multiple access (NOMA) solution for 5G that unifies communication between
macro-cells via the S-R NOMA link and communication between small cells via the R-D NOMA link. S-R NOMA is
used to decode own signal by respective relay. Separate studies of outage performance in S-R and R-D connections
may formerly be used to get an accurate definition of system outage likelihood. Our mathematical analysis is
supported by simulation findings, which indicate that NOMA-assisted relaying systems outperform Orthogonal
Multiple Access systems in terms of lower outage probability and better cumulative capacities (OMA).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Kader, M. F., Uddin, M. B., Islam, S. R., and Shin, S. Y. 2019. Capacity and outage analysis of a dual-hop decode-and-forward relay-aided noma scheme. Digital Signal Processing 88, 138–148. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dsp.2019.02.014
- Kumar, I., Mishra, M. K., and Mishra, R. K. 2021. Performance analysis of noma downlink for next-generation 5g network with statistical channel state information. Ing ́enierie des Syst`emes d’Information 26, 4. DOI: https://doi.org/10.18280/isi.260410
- Liang, X., Wu, Y., Ng, D. W. K., Zuo, Y., Jin, S., and Zhu, H. 2017. Outage performance for cooperative noma transmission with an af relay. IEEE Communications Letters 21, 11, 2428–2431 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/LCOMM.2017.2681661
- Liu, X. and Wang, X. 2016. Outage probability and capacity analysis of the collaborative noma assisted relaying system in 5g. In 2016 IEEE/CIC international conference on communications in China (ICCC). IEEE, 1–5. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ICCChina.2016.7636773
- Singh, S. and Bansal, M. 2020. Outage analysis of noma-based cooperative relay systems with imperfect sic. Physical Communication 43, 101219. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.phycom.2020.101219
- Tang, Z., Wang, J., Wang, J., and Song, J. 2018. On the achievable rate region of noma under outage probability constraints. IEEE Communications Letters 23, 2, 370–373. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/LCOMM.2018.2870584
- Thakre, P. N. and Pokle, S. B. 2022. A survey on power allocation in pd-noma for 5g wireless communication systems. In 2022 10th International Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering and Technology-Signal and Information Processing (ICETET-SIP-22). IEEE, 1–5. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/ICETET-SIP-2254415.2022.9791576
- Yan, X., Xiao, H., Wang, C.-X., and An, K. 2018. Outage performance of noma-based hybrid satellite-terrestrial relay networks. IEEE Wireless Communications Letters 7, 4, 538–541. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/LWC.2018.2793916