Advantages of decentralized systems over centralized approaches are reason for increasing incorporation of blockchain technology in almost every digital task. Core benefits of blockchain include decentralization, persistency, auditability and anonymity. This paper discusses Blockchain Technology from the perspective of related attributes, applications and challenges. Specifically, we try to elaborate on the current work pertaining to application of Blockchain Technology to different domains such as Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Big Data and Software Defined Networking (SDN) keeping in view the challenges of optimized storage, scalability and security.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Home page. https://en.bitcoin.it.
- Alharbi, T. 2020. Deployment of blockchain technology in software defined networks: A survey. IEEE Access PP, 1–1.
- Chang, V., Baudier, P., Zhang, H., Xu, Q., Zhang, J., and Arami, M. 2020. How blockchain can impact financial services – the overview, challenges and recommendations from expert interviewees. Technological Forecasting and Social Change 158, 120166.
- Cong, L. and He, Z. 2019. Blockchain disruption and smart contracts. 32, 5, 1754–1797.
- Dey, S. 2018. A proof of work: Securing majority-attack in blockchain using machine learning and algorithmic game theory. International Journal of Wireless and Microwave Technologies 8, 1–9.
- Huang, J., Kong, L., Chen, G., Wu, M., Liu, X., and Zeng, P. 2019. Towards secure industrial IoT: Blockchain system with credit-based consensus mechanism. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics 15, 3680–3689.
- Kamruzzaman, M. M. 2022. Key technologies, applications and trends of internet of things for energy efficient 6g wireless communication in smart cities. Energies 15, 15.
- Khan, A. H., Hassan, N. U., Yuen, C., Zhao, J., Niyato, D., Zhang, Y., and Poor,
- H. V. 2021. Blockchain and 6g: The future of secure and ubiquitous communication. IEEE Wireless Communications 29, 1, 194–201.
- Kosba, A., Miller, A., Shi, E., Wen, Z., and Papamanthou, C. 2016. Hawk: The blockchain model of cryptography and privacy-preserving smart contracts. In 2016 IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy (SP). 839–858.
- Kumar, A., Kumar, A., Nerurkar, P., Ghalib, M., Shankar, A., Wen, Z., and Qi, X. 2020. Empirical analysis of bitcoin network (2016-2020). In 2020 IEEE/CIC International Conference on Communications in China, ICCC Workshops 2020. 2020 IEEE/CIC International Conference on Communications in China, ICCC Workshops 2020. Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc., 96–101.
- Mohanta, B. K., Jena, D., Panda, S. S., and Sobhanayak, S. 2019. Blockchain technology: A survey on applications and security privacy challenges. Internet Things 8.
- Pereira, J., Tavalaei, M. M., and Ozalp, H. 2019. Blockchain-based platforms: Decentralized infrastructures and its boundary conditions. Technological Forecasting and Social Change 146, 94–102.
- Price, D. October 3rd, 2018. 5 big blockchain issues: Security, privacy, legal, regulatory, and ethical. https://blocksdecoded.com/Blockchain-issues-securityprivacy-legal-regulatory-ethical/.
- R, A. and K. R, S. 2020. Innovation and challenges of blockchain in banking: A scientometric view. International Journal of Interactive Multimedia and Artificial Intelligence 6, 7–14.
- Sanka, A. I. and Cheung, R. C. 2021. A systematic review of blockchain scalability: Issues, solutions, analysis and future research. Journal of Network and Computer Applications 195, 103232.
- Shrimali, B. and Patel, H. 2022. Blockchain state-of-the-art: architecture, use cases, consensus, challenges and opportunities. J. King Saud Univ. Comput. Inf. Sci. 34, 6793–6807.
- Swan, M. 2015. Blockchain: Blueprint for a new economy. ” O’Reilly Media, Inc.”. Tapscott, A. and Tapscott, D. 2020. How blockchain is changing finance. https://hbr.org/2017/03/howBlockchain-is-changing-finance/.
- Tasatanattakool, P. and Techapanupreeda, C. 2018. Blockchain: Challenges and applications. 473–475.
- Valdeolmillos, D., Mart´ın, Y. M., Gonzalez-Briones, A. ´ , Prieto, J., and Corchado, J. M. 2019. Blockchain technology: A review of the current challenges of cryptocurrency In BLOCKCHAIN.
- Werbach, K. Trust, but verify: Why the blockchain needs the law. Berkeley Tech. L.J. Berkeley Technology Law Journal 33, IR, 487.
- Yazdinejad, A., Parizi, R. M., Dehghantanha, A., and Choo, K.-K. R. 2022. P4-to blockchain: A secure blockchain-enabled packet parser for software defined networking. Comput. Secur. 88, C (apr).
- Yoo, S. 2017. Blockchain based financial case analysis and its implications. Asia Pacific Journal
- of Innovation and Entrepreneurship 11, 312–321.
- Zhang, J., Zhong, S., Wang, T., Chao, H.-C., and Wang, J. 2020. Blockchain-based systems and applications: a survey. Journal of Internet Technology 21, 1, 1–14.
- Zheng, Z., Xie, S., Dai, H.-N., Chen, X., and Wang, H. 2018. Blockchain challenges and opportunities: A survey. International journal of web and grid services 14, 4, 352–375.