In recent years, plagiarism that uses the code snippets or program of others without permission has become a social problem. It is widely spread from very familiar student reports to worldwide academic papers. In this paper, we deal with plagiarism in programming assignments, and explain the plagiarism patterns often found in text. Existing plagiarism detection tools utilize string matching algorithms to calculate the plagiarism. We have brought to light the problems associated with existing tools and propose a method to rectify them efficiently with the help of algorithms proposed in the paper. To the existing detection method, we combine some heuristics which are estimation of time complexity and loop detection, to improve the accuracy of the plagiarized sections and propose it as a plagiarism detection method.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Heres, Daniël & Hage, Jurriaan. (2017). A Quantitative Comparison of Program Plagiarism Detection Tools. 73-82. 10.1145/3162087.3162101 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/3162087.3162101
- Kevin W. Bowyer, Lawrence O. Hall, “Experience Using ”MOSS” to Detect Cheating On Programming Assignments”, IEEE Computer Society, pp: 13B3/18-13B3/22vol.ww
- Levenshtein Distance Calculation Using Dynamic Programming for Source Code Plagiarism Checking”,
- Makalah IF2211 Strategi Algoritma – Sem. II Tahun 2013/2014
- An Algorithm for Analysis Time Complexity for Iterated Local Search (ILS). ” Quest Journals Journal of Research in Applied Mathematics Volume 7 ~ Issue 6 (2021) pp: 52-54.
- Karnalim, Oscar & Simon, & Chivers, William. (2020). Preprocessing for Source Code Similarity Detection in Introductory Programming. 10.1145/3428029.3428065. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/3428029.3428065
- Kilinç, Deniz & Bozyiğit, Fatma & Kut, Alp & Kaya, Muhammet. (2015). Overview of Source Code Plagiarism in Programming Courses. International Journal of Soft Computing and Engineering. 5.
- Deokate, Bhrama & Hanchate, Dinesh. (2016). Software Source Code Plagiarism Detection: A Survey. Journal of Multidisciplinary Engineering Science and Technology (JMEST). 1. 3159-0040